Tuesday, May 26, 2009

tuesdays with rose



Just under a year ago I started Tuesdays With Rose, an idea I sent out to the girls in my life inspired by my dear friend Brooke's mum, Rose.

She has always been an avid baker, setting aside weekly sessions to bake up treats for not just her family, but anyone in need of the warm embrace of a piece of cake with a cup of tea. This is part of what I sent out last July and stills stands true:

'Rose, is very sick at the moment with her fight against breast cancer. It's very hard to always find the words to express how sad we are for her but this is an idea I had to celebrate the woman Rose is. And in doing so, celebrate the magic we, as mothers, daughters, sisters, aunties and grandmothers, can bring to our loved ones through the alchemy of a little flour, butter and sugar!'

The idea behind Tuesdays is to be inspired by Rose's example, to try to bake on a Tuesday (or any other day for that matter) to share with your loved ones a simple, inexpensive pleasure. I think all my fellow crafters will appreciate this concept.

Yesterday was my baking day and I totally cocked up my efforts to bake my favourite Nut Crunch by burning it. Very disappointing. But I did manage to make a batch of Vanilla Nuts so even though technically it's not a cake or slice, I did bake it! I shot the pic (and just noticed the manky almond...not a good advert for my styling!) and included one of the napkins I've been making so we have enough to get through a week before I need to wash a load of them (if you know me, you know I hate washing....that will never change).

I think the deer looks a little sad....maybe he was hoping for Nut Crunch!

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Big Sister.

    I look forward to seeing what you're doing for fun!

    Sorry, no blogging from me just yet.

    Christiaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Big Sister,

    I look forward to seeing what you are doing for artistic fun!

    Sorry, no blog from me just yet I'm afraid.

    Christiaan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the deer is very sweet and would be very happy to much into your nut crunch....Happy weekend, xv

    ReplyDelete